We all tend to work with people a lot like us – those we can relate to and understand.
Instead of a mission statement, I wrote my first manifesto for Angela Todd Designs a few years ago. It was a fun process! If you aren’t familiar with the term, a manifesto is a public declaration of intentions, opinions, objectives, or motives.
Governments and organizations write manifestos all over the world. Sometimes they are stuffy. Ours is not. Here is what we believe at Angela Todd Designs. If you align with us, we’d love to work together.
- We believe you should surround yourself with what you love.
- We believe in good friends, good wine, good music and adjustable lighting.
- We believe your mood and disposition can be altered by color, space and texture.
- We believe dogs should be allowed in stores and restaurants.
- We believe in fostering a backdrop for families, friends and life’s special moments.
- We believe our clients should be treated as our friends.
- We believe interior design isn’t about things, it is about people.
- We believe an outstanding room can be designed with almost any budget.
- We believe in repurposing, reupholstering and updating – and if all else fails donating to a good cause.
- We believe everyone should be encouraged to express their creativity and follow their bliss.
- We believe interior design isn’t stuffy and designers don’t have to be either.
- We believe a room with great color, proportion and form will make you look younger and thinner.
- We believe in giving back to the community and honoring the environment.
- We believe in doing the right thing, even when it means less money.
- We believe in supporting the local economy, buying local when possible and doing business with our trusted partners.
- We believe in being underdressed or overdressed, always.
- We believe in practicing random acts of kindness.
- We believe everyone should have a place in their home they can enjoy in stillness.
- We believe in tufted anything, exceptional finishes, rich textures, brave pattern blending, something from your grandma and splurging on at least one item in your home.
- We believe the wife is always right, unless you are a gay couple, in which case you are both right.
- We believe a long hike solves most of life’s problems.
- We believe in listening.
- What is your manifesto? Write it down, have fun with it and share it.
Angela Todd is the principal designer at Angela Todd Designs, a premier interior design boutique firm in Portland, Oregon. Learn more about Angela here.
Posted by Pro Portland